Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 8:00 PM
The members of the Celestine Community Club shall consist of three classes. Active, Associate, and Honorary. Any adult *resident (over 18 years of age) may become an active member to this club, by making application to the secretary and paying annual dues. Active member’s spouse and children (under 18 years of age) shall be associate members.
Rights and Duties of Members
Active members shall have all the rights and be subject to all the duties customary in parliamentary bodies. Honorary and associate members shall have all the rights of active members except the right to vote.
Discipline of Members
Any member who is considered detrimental to the moral, social, or business welfare of the club or its membership, shall by a vote of two-thirds of the members at a regular meeting following the proposal, be dismissed from the club.
Fees and Dues
The dues of active members hall be twenty dollars ($20.00) annually; membership dues to be paid prior to April 1. If not paid this membership shall automatically be cancelled. Life membership is to be given to all person who have reached the age of sixty-two (62), provided they were active paying members for ten (10) consecutive years prior to their sixty-second )62nd) birthday.
Any associate member when reaching the age of eighteen (18), may become active member without paying the initiation fee, before their nineteenth (19th) birthday.
All requests for new membership are to vote on by secret ballot. Requests are to be brought up at a regular meeting and voted upon at the following regular meeting. A two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of those present will be required before membership will be granted.
Present rules regarding membership requests from children of an active member are to remain unchanged. These requests are not subject to the above voting rule.
A membership request from outside these boundaries will be considered if the person is an active member of the St. Celestine Parish, their children attend Celestine Elementary School, or if they have been actively involved in a Celestine Community related activity for a minimum of two years immediately prior to requesting membership.
Rules of Membership
Lake and swimming precautions members should observe for their own safety
1. Lake privileges, fishing and swimming are for members and their invited guests only (members must be present).
2. Non-swimmers and parents are cautioned about the use of air mattresses and inner tubes. Non-swimmers should not go out any farther than they can stand in the water (the lake is approximately 35 feet deep in the center)
3. Parents are cautioned about allowing children, especially non-swimmers, to go to the lake without proper supervision You must realize that it is impossible for the club to furnish lifeguards.
4. All swimming is at your own risk- THE CLUB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.
5. Please do not drive cars on the sanded areas.
6. You are asked not to drink on the sanded area or in the water. Broken bottles or easy opening can tabs, etc. are dangerous in theses areas.
7. Please use the trash cans so that the area is clean for the next person, which could be you.